Monday, December 5, 2016

Reaper's Girl, Laramie Briscoe

I voluntarily received an advanced review copy of this book and chose to review it.

I was so looking forward to this book. I love the Rocking Country series and Harmony and Reaper are one of my favourite couples. So expectations were high. It kills me a little to say they weren't met. I'm not a great lover of conflict and angst, but I don't think Reaper's Girl lived up to the blurb. I thought there was going to be a lot more conflict than there was and I think the book kind of needs it. I felt what little conflict there was was resolved too quickly and too easily. There was plenty of opportunity for so much more struggle and I think it was missed. To be honest, I'm kind of wondering what the point of this book was, other than an update on Reaper and Harmony, nothing really changes. I would've liked to have seen Reaper struggle with EJ or Harmony battle her eating disorder but alas, those don't happen. Harmony's letter at the end also really bugs me. Another thing I didn't understand were the sex scenes. I felt they had no point and were there just for the sake of it. Yes, you could argue that they show how Harmony has changed but I think it could've been done in a different way. Harmony and Reaper aren't that sort of couple, and the club scene was just weird.
In spite of all this though, I did like the book, I think it was a good addition, if not entirely what I expected. 📖📖📖📖📔

No comments:

Post a Comment