Friday, December 30, 2016

Books of 2016.

So the year has come to a close, and what a year it's been! I want to thank you all for taking your time to read my words and for supporting indie authors, it means so much more to us than you'll ever know. We don't have the backing of major publishing houses so every little bit counts.

Anyway, here's my list of my top 20 favourite books this year, in no particular order.

Bae by Cambria Hebert.
Hashtag is one of my favourite series and to get a long awaited follow up was so exciting! And it did not disappoint. Bae was emotional and beautiful, like all of Cambria's writing.

Unexpected Reality by Kaylee Ryan.
The cover of this book is beautiful and the story inside matches. There's nothing hotter than a hot man with a baby and Unexpected Reality didn't disappoint.

Play Hard by LP Maxa.
Luke's long awaited sorry. I love how Alexa was included in this and so much was explained. I was worried that Luke's attachment to her might be too much to overcome but it wasn't and I can't wait for the conclusion to this series.

Anti-Stepbrother by Tijan.
Book after book she churns out amazing stories and this is no different. I love Caden and Summer and the premise of this book!

Stealing Home by Nicole Williams.
Luke stole my heart in this book. He's incredible. I'd never read one of Nicole Williams's books but this wowed me!

The Royal series by Erin Watt.
These books put me in the BIGGEST book hangover ever! They were incredible! Reed was fantastic, Ella had balls and Easton was hilarious. I still think there's more to Ella and Reed's story but I'll take what I can get, starting with Easton's book.

Breaking the Cycle by Megan Lowe.
Had to be in there! This book changed my life and I'm glad people see, to like it!

The Hard Count by Ginger Scott.
Ginger is the author of one my favourite series, Waiting on the Sidelines. The Hard Count is just as incredible. Nico is beautiful and I loved the entire story! I'm so glad she's going to be at RT in May and I might be able to meet her.

Reapers Girl by Laramie Briscoe.
I loved her Rocking Country series and I was so excited to hear Reaper and Harmony were getting another book. I loved this, but still want more! I'm excited to hear EJ is getting a book and can't wait for that!

The Prince by Jillian Dodd.
I like this series. I like mystery and the intrigue and the relationship with Prince Dorian. I'm hanging out for the next book in the series!

Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas.
This book was intense! There were so many times I thought it wouldn't end well but I'm happy with how things worked out.

Black Swan Affair by K.L Kreig.
This book blew me away! I'm also really happy with how things turned out. I loved the development of the relationship and the drama.

Anatomy of Us by Amelia Lefay.
This was my first ménage and I loved it. I thought the feelings were really well explained but I HATE that it ended on a cliffhanger. According to goodreads the second book was supposed to be out by now but it's not! I'm waiting with baited breath!

Logan Kade by Tijan.
What more can you say about Logan? I'm glad he got his girl and I can't wait for the next Fallen Crest.

Play Softly by LP Maxa.
Dash and Lexi had a baby! While I think this book was more about Luke, I was happy to read about Halen.

Where we belong by J Daniels.
I love Ben and Mia and loved reading about what has happened to their family since the first Alabama Summer book.

Swag by Cambria Hebert.
Lorhaven wasn't a favourite of mine, but Joey was. It was great to read their story.

Rev by Cambria Hebert 
Love Trent and Drew! This was perfect for them.

Us by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy.
Love Jamie and Wes! Blake was awesome too and can't wait for his book next year, and the wedding of Course!

Moto by M Never.
This book got me out of a funk and helped inspire No Place to Hide. Love a book with hot boys and hot bikes!

I'm going to try to cut back on ARCs next year, and limit them to only books I'm truly interested in rather than ones that just sound good. I plan to have a lot going on next year so I won't have that much time to spare. But thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and my blog throughout the year, it truly means the world to me!
With love,
Megan 😘😘

No comments:

Post a Comment