Thursday, September 1, 2016

Blogging comment

I just wanted to say something about the reviews I post.
While I'm thankful to the authors who have provided me with ARCs, I feel they do so knowing that not everybody is going to like their work. It's a risk, but it's what happens and that's okay. What's not okay is the expectation from promotional companies that because I've received an ARC, that I post a favourable review. No. My disclaimer is the ARC is received in exchange an HONEST opinion, and that's what I will always give, an honest opinion. I'd liked to think, if people are following my reviews, that they know what to expect and value my opinion and I'm not going to devalue that by posting a favourable review simply because I've received an advanced copy of a novel. 
In saying that, I know authors read my reviews, it's what we do, and I'll never bash an author personally. If I say something unfavourable, it will be about the story or their writing style, which I feel is fair game. It's my opinion. I'm sorry if people don't like it, but I won't ever compromise a review because that's what people want. I want a mustang, doesn't mean I'm going to get it, the same with reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment