Thursday, August 25, 2016

Rocking racers update.

First things first, what was titled Where you'd rather be, is now No Place to Hide. I have a notoriously hard time naming things and this is no different. I did find that No Place to Hide fits better and was a theme I found ran through the book, more than I realised.

I have finished the first draft! Hooray! I'm now in the process of typing it up, it's going slowly but I'm getting there. It's surprising reading back what I've written, it's so much more than I thought, and like I said with the title change, there was a theme running through that I didn't realise before now. 

This book was a feat. Almost from the start Cole and Knley wanted to do their own thing. I thought I he everything planned out, that I knew who they were but they surprised me so often! Things also tied in well with the next book I think, I hope. In some ways No Place was surprising and in others, it came together more than I ever could've hoped or planned for.

The first draft is rough. Not as rough as I thought it was when I first finished, but rougher than I'd like, but it's done and I'm excited. Cole and Knley are different to Bria and Reed, their relationship is different and they're different, as you'd expect. I thought I'd have to work on Cole but I think he's good.

So that's what's happening. I also have had a Rocking Racers/Ryan Racing logo done, here it is:
What do you think? I've also had swag delivered, I'll be having a giveaway on my Facebook page soon! So keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment