Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Rocking Racers 2 update.

So I've been a little slack with my writing lately. In my defence I haven't been well, but I'm back at it now.

I've got to say Cole and Knley are surprising the hell out of me. You might be wondering how that is seeing as though I'm the one writing and all of this is coming from my brain, but I don't control WHAT exactly comes out of my brain and it's a doozy! There are so many facets to these characters I never considered would be part of their make up, but they are certainly coming to the fore now.

To be honest, I'm kind of unsure about the latest direction that's arisen, I'm not sure if I want to go down this route, not sure that if I do I can do justice to it. Cole wants to go down a little more dominant route and I'm vanilla to say the least. I think I'd like to follow it and see where it goes, there's no rule saying he has to go full Christian Grey on me and if I don't like it, or don't think I do it well I suppose it can always come out during editing.

Where you'd rather be, or Rocking Racers 2, is a little darker than Breaking the Cycle. There's more angst, more personal demons. I wrote Breaking the Cycle as my homage to the perfect book relationship but Where you'd rather be is going to be primarily story orientated, or at least guided by the story.

I'm not sure if I'll make my end of July deadline, though I will try my hardest, but with the twists and turns Cole and Knley are throwing me, I'm in for a ride as much as you are!
It's interesting this writing thing, so much more than I ever thought it would be, both harder and yet more enjoyable than I thought.
I'm also busy doing the blogging thing as you may have seen. It's my way of paying back the bloggers that have supported me and my release, it's still as surreal as it was when I got the email saying my book was goi g to be published, even though sometimes I forget it's out there!
So thank you for your support, for taking the time to read this and Breaking the Cycle, I hope you're waiting for Where you'd rather be and I'm doing my best to get it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment