Saturday, April 9, 2016

Writing update

So, I was working on a novelette submission for an anthology my publisher is compiling.mive been working on it for a while, even though all up it only took a couple of days.
I had felt it was a bit short, 8200 words, 200 more than the minimum, but the more I added, the more I hated what I'd done to the story. I hadn't realised that I've learned so much from my experience with Breaking the Cycle. I heard my editors voice while I was writing, asking me what something had to do with the story, I tried to structure it the way it should be. I don't think it's particularly fantastic, I never do, but hey, I gave it a go.

I've also got mad plans for the follow up to BTC which I hope to start writing while I'm away. I have it planned and got some ideas tonight and I'm excited to get started. I've also got ideas for the following 2 books but they're not so developed as yet.

Overall things are good, I hope and I'm learning a heap. I'm excited to see where this takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment