Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Finley, Ella Frank.

I hadn't realised that Ella Frank has also written Try. To be honest, I didn't really like Finley. It's a sweet story but I don't think she does it justice.

Brantley sends Daniel away to law school 7 years ago then on Daniel's 30th birthday he sends for him. Sounds like a good story right? Daniel does go back but they never have the conversation about what happened and how the other is feeling or experienced in the intervening years. Daniel was heartbroken when he sent away and he comes back to get Brantley out of his system but eventual gives in. What the hell? There needed to be a conversation, instead they ignore everything and it's all happy. I don't think so. I kept waiting for it to happen and it didn't.

It's also confusing because Daniel is also referred to as Finn, so you have several names being tossed around at the same time. Finley is also written in third person so it's always clear whose pov the story is being told in or whose doing what to whom. With a m/m story you can't say he did this to him because who is who?

Also, the but at the end with Logan and Tate, from try, is weird and goes nowhere. I get now that it's an attempt to tie in try but it was pointless.

There are so many better m/m romances out there, I'd give this one a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment