Sunday, February 7, 2016

Try, Ella frank.

So these books were mentioned in Sweet Possesion and in the wake of #Junkie I thought I'd give it a go and see what other m/m romances are like. 

I'll be honest, I'm only halfway through and I really don't know if I want to continue. The romance between Logan and Tate is interesting but I think too much is made of the fact Tate is a straight man. We get it! 

It's also written in 3rd person which I really don't like, I feel like you don't get as much insight into the characters that way. It also makes what an individual is feeling, as in touch, a bit difficult to understand and a little unclear. The novel switches between Tate and Logan but it still leads to confusion.

I think I probably will read this to the end but will I read the others? Maybe, but they won't be my favourites.

I think too much is made of the m/m romance. You don't need to be that obvious, and I see nothing wrong with it being straightforwardly 2 people who happen to be guys, falling in love. Does that make me a little bit homophobic? Or accepting? I don't know...

So I'll give it a go and we'll see.

On another note, in a few hours I'll be revealing the cover for #Rev, the sequel to #Junkie, the 2nd novel in the gearshark series, so check back to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment