Saturday, January 30, 2016

Hashtag series books 1,2,3 and 6, Cambria Hebert

In the wake of #junkie I thought I'd reread the hashtag series, #nerd, #hater, #player and #heart. For those of who don't know, hashtag follows Romeo and Rimmel.

Romeo is the quarterback for Alpha University. Rimmel is a vetrinary student who is forced to tutor Romeo. She's a mess and is quite content to stay in the spotlight.
Romeo is rushing a frat, Alpha Omega and his challenge is to sleep with Rimmel. The president of the frat, Zach, really hates Romeo and is trying to do everything that he can so that Romeo doesn't make it. 

Long story short Romeo drops out of rush and him and Rimmel get together.
I love Romeo, the fact that he doesn't give a shit about what people think and goes after Rimmel anyway. You get a really good sense of the depth of his feelings for her.

I also like Ivy more, rereading these books. She's Rimmel's roommate and takes Rimmel under her wing a bit. At first I thought Ivy was shallow and ditzy but the more I read these books, the more I love the fact that she too took to Rimmel.

Anyway, Romeo and Rimmel are terrorised by Zach, who then terrorises Ivy and Romeo's best friend Braeden, before stuff happens (I don't want to spoil things). They are then set upon by loan sharks after Rimmel's dad. 

Throughout it all though they love each other and stick together and gather loyal friends around them and make a family.

All the supporting characters; Ivy, Braeden, Trent and drew are fantastic and I love them all. I love this series and the fact that Cambria is able to have such turmoil and drama but still have Romeo and Rimmel together and not play with them. I love Romeo's so sure of his love for Rimmel and that she isn't a drag on him, they truly are partners.

I love the family they create, and you do get the sense it is a family.
I love the use of slang even though it is kind of annoying.
I love Romeo and Rimmel's wedding. But I am still hanging out for a baby!

Give hashtag a go, I promise you won't be disappointed. They have everything, love, drama, football, animals and evil mothers. The 2 Ivy and Braeden books are ok, but necessary to the story. When you've read them all then give #junkie a go.

There is a Christmas novella as well but it's not really anything of note, but I can't talk up hashtag enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment